BibleGateway Verse of the Day (KJV)

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Neutrality?

As a Christian, I'm so aware of the tension between being in the world, but not of it; and I don't always have that balance I should, as I tend to lean one way then the other. I feel the same tension when I want so much to speak the truth in love (but so often fail). But what about the gray areas? Are there gray areas?

The truth (in love) is, there is no such thing as neutrality.

Either one worships the Creator or the creature.
"Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen."(Romans 1:25).

The philosophy summed up in the phrase "Man is the measure of all things" is called humanism.

In contrast to humanist philosophy, Christians believe that the triune God of the Bible is the measure of all things. Christians follow Jesus Christ and believe in Him as the LORD God incarnate, Creator, Savior, Judge, Lord, Father, and Friend. Man, human reason, the earth, the animals, and the sun, moon and stars are all creatures (part of God's creation). God alone is to be worshipped and honored as the Creator.

Either one is for Christ or against Him.
"He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth."(Luke 11:23)

Either one loves life or loves death.
"But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death." (Proverbs 8:36)

Either one serves Christ or mammon (a false god of the love of money)
"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." (Matthew 6:24)

Either one is a child of God or a child of Satan.
"Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God."(John 8:42-47)

Either one builds his house on the Rock or on sand.
"Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it." (Matthew 7:24-27)

Either one produces good fruit or bad fruit.
"Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."(Matthew 7:16-23)


It's so hard to think of that nice, moral non-Christian who you love as an anti-Christ enemy. Yet we are to know they are our enemy and love them anyway. And yearn for them to know eternal life and freedom through faith in Christ.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
(Jn. 3:16)

No comments: