BibleGateway Verse of the Day (KJV)

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Update: 2010 Christian Heritage Homeschool Conference

I had a wonderful time at the conference, and I was so encouraged and inspired by the speakers and the families attending.

Christian Heritage Home Educators of Washington will have DVDs and CDs of the conference available soon, and I would encourage anyone who can afford them to order them. Next year, I will probably not attend the conference, but rather just order the CDs. Attending the conference would be useful for those wanting to find like-minded families and fellowship in walking a similar walk with God in discipling their families.

I take comfort in my Father's Word (Psalm 68:3-11) and by trusting in Him. My part is to obey the LORD, trust in Him, not be rebellious toward Him or His plans for me (not in my heart or my thoughts, even), and rejoice in Him. He is powerful to move on my behalf, in His will and timing:

But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice.

Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him.

A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation.

God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry land.

O God, when thou wentest forth before thy people, when thou didst march through the wilderness; Selah:

The earth shook, the heavens also dropped at the presence of God: even Sinai itself was moved at the presence of God, the God of Israel.

Thou, O God, didst send a plentiful rain, whereby thou didst confirm thine inheritance, when it was weary.

Thy congregation hath dwelt therein: thou, O God, hast prepared of thy goodness for the poor.

The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that published it.

No comments: