BibleGateway Verse of the Day (KJV)

Monday, September 17, 2012

"A Warning to Professing Christians" by Albert N. Martin

Not all who profess the name of the Lord Jesus Christ have been regenerated and saved.

This nation (the USA) is professedly 76% to 80% Christian (Source). This is patently false, or else we would have a Christian society, in that 76% to 80% of the people in the United States would be repenting of our sin and serving Christ and doing His will according to His law, not ashamed of His words (Mark 8:38).

MANY alive today in the United States who profess to be Christian will hear the Lord Jesus Christ say to them, "Depart from Me. I never knew you." (Matt. 7:23)

A faith so-called that is anti-nomian and does not produce godly works (as defined by God in His Bible) is not a saving, living faith, but rather a dead devil's faith (James Chapter 2).

A moving--and convicting--sermon via SermonAudio from Albert N. Martin:

An evangelistic warning to all professing Christians from Matthew 7:21.

A profession of attachment to Jesus Christ is a necessary part of true and saving religion but the mere profession of attachment to Christ is no proof of true and saving religion.

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."
 

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=101803153426

For the Lord God will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed. (Isa. 50:7)



No comments: